What to expect
J. R. Vinagro Corporation’s dedication to safety is the core value of our company and reflects the fundamental respect we have for our employees, the public, equipment, and the environment.
We aim to exceed the industry standards for health and safety and maintain our goal of ZERO accidents, or illnesses. This goal will be achieved by management commitment, employee involvement, subcontractor participation, workplace hazard analysis, hazard prevention and control, behavior-based safety and health training, and by requiring compliance from all employees.
Our first strategy is to control the hazard at its source by implementing engineering controls. We focus on the employee exposed to the hazard and designing the job to eliminate the hazards or drastically reduce exposure to hazards.
J.R. Vinagro continues to invest in the latest state of the art equipment to provide our employees with the best and safest technology, equipment and strategies with every task of the job. A Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) and a Site-specific Safety Plan is created and all workers are trained for every task on the job prior to the start of the project.
J.R. Vinagro directs all its operations in the safest manner possible. All employees have the obligation and responsibility for safety. To help empower our employees to make safe decisions, they are provided with the following training:
All worker receive the following training:
- MSHA 24 hour new miner training
- MSHA 8-hour annual miner training
- Initial 40-Hour OSHA Hazardous Waste Operations (HAZWOPER) Training
- 10 Hour OSHA training for all workers
- 30 Hour OSHA training for all supervisors/managers
- Loss Prevention System (LPS) Training
- American Red Cross First Aid and CPR (supervisors/managers)
- OSHA Focus Four
- Respirator Training/Fit Test
- Client-specific/job site training
- Task Training
Our Health and Safety program is supported by a full-time Corporate Health and Safety Director and staff. The program is constantly evolving to meet the changing needs of our clients and the industry. Some of the supported health and safety-related activities include:
- Identify Engineering Controls to eliminate hazards.
- Administrative Controls
- Field safety audits and investigation
- Equipment inspections
- Monthly company-wide safety meetings
- Daily, on-site safety meetings
- Root cause analysis
- Proactive, documented hazard identification
Our Safety Committee is comprised of employees that represent every job throughout our organization. This committee meets every Friday morning at 6 am. We partnered with our insurance carriers and have a Loss Control Representative from our Workers Compensation Carrier to attend our meetings along with other Safety Professionals.
Our Safety Department includes five full-time employees.
- Safety Administrator – Responsible for tracking all training requirements/Licenses and certifications.
- Compliance Officer – Responsible for ensuring J.R. Vinagro Corporation adheres to all State and Federal regulations.
- Field Safety Officer – Responsible for providing safety management to job sites.
- Safety Director – Responsible for providing safety leadership throughout the organization.
Exposure Measurements, Medical Surveillance and Workers Training records are being kept in conformance with OSHA, EPA, and state requirements.